- Does GivingSomeThing charge nonprofits?
- What products are available for my Needs Lists?
- What if we no longer need a given good on our Needs List?
- Can we have multiple shipping locations?
- Can we have multiple Needs Lists?
- Does GivingSomeThing ship internationally?
- I made a change to my Needs List, why it is not showing up?
- What are the terms and conditions?
- How do I embed a GivingSomeThing image and link on my website?
- How will my donations be used?
- Are my donations tax-deductible?
- Are the credit card donations / transactions secure?
- Who makes the Needs List?
- Do goods really ship when I check out?
- What are the terms and conditions?
- How do I checkout properly?
- The nonprofit's category is International but the shipping address is domestic. Why?
- No. GivingSomeThing is free for both nonprofits and donors. Nonprofits will not pay a registration or account maintenance fee. Donors will only pay for the retail price of the good and shipping costs. We do not charge donors any sort of markup, transaction fee, or processing fee.
- Our partnered online retailer carries a wide variety of products including but not limited to electronics, art supplies, school supplies, sporting goods, appliances, cleaning supplies, and books. Bulk items are also available at discounted prices. We work with Amazon technology providing access to industry leading product availability, prices, and efficient shipping.
- Because nonprofits have complete control over their Needs List, nonprofits can add/remove goods, change quantities, or edit descriptions at anytime.
- Yes and no. Each Needs List has one shipping location, but your organization can make multiple Needs Lists.
- Yes. Your organization can have multiple Needs Lists. This can be helpful if you have various projects or elements of your organization that you would like to support. It would also give you the flexibility of having different shipping address, timelines, and product focuses. On the other hand, it is a bit more for your organization to manage. If you are interested in creating multiple Needs Lists, please contact us at: email@example.com
- No. We have talked with a number of organizations that do international work and have material needs. Given the potential complications of international shipping like unreliable postal service, the possibility of extended delays in shipment, less efficient shipping costs, and the recipient of packages (nonprofits) often being responsible for tariffs and fees, we have decided to limit shipping to US addresses at this time. As a result, every GivingSomeThing partner must have a US address where they can receive goods. It is our recommendation for international organizations to consolidate the goods donated domestically through GivingSomeThing into a larger shipment that can go through a dependable international carrier or in a manner that it can be sent with volunteers or members of the nonprofit that are traveling from the US to their international site.
- Patience is a virtue. Because we are communicating with Amazon's servers to ensure your Needs List functions properly, sometimes there is a slight delay in the changes updating.
- Please follow these instructions.
- Yes. Upon check out your order is placed with our partner online retailer that processes the transaction, packages your order, and ships it directly to the nonprofit.
- 100% of your money donated through GivingSomeThing.com is used to purchase and deliver the selected Needs List goods to the specified nonprofit. The goods on each Needs List have been identified by the nonprofit as essential to their missions. In many cases, each product on a Needs List has a description of its planned use.
- Yes. Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law including the cost of the goods donated plus shipping charges. We vet every nonprofit applicant to ensure that they are in good standing with the IRS before creating a Needs List. For more information, please reference our Deductions page as well as your tax adviser.
- Yes. Amazon.com helps us process credit cards through their encrypted technology and offers best in class security.
- Only members of certified and registered nonprofits are able to create Needs List. This ensures that all Needs Lists are comprised of products specifically related to each nonprofit’s mission.
- Follow these step-by-step instructions!
- Some of our Nonprofit Partners serve international missions. However, due to high international shipping rates and tariffs on products, it is financially beneficial to donors and nonprofits for them to collect donated products at their domestic office, and bring the goods with them on trips to their international offices.
- Because we are able to provide our service with no cost to nonprofits and with no markup or fees for donors, we are proudly incorporated social entrepreneurs.
- We receive a small referral fee from the online retailers, coming from their profits. This allows us to provide goods at their retail price rather than marking up the price of the goods. We partner with the leading online retailers to ensure the lowest available retail prices and pass along any discounts, stretching the donated dollars are far as possible.
Is your question not answered here? Contact Us at anytime!